From it nearly more than 5 million units were manufactured.
The two horses, the Citroën 2 CV, is a car that deserves to be remembered by all lovers of classic cars, although it was not characterized by luxury, but rather by the elegance that the French House knew to take with a production at low cost.
The father of the creature was the engineer Pierre-Jules Boulanger, Citroën Skipper Since the end of 1934, when the Michelin family took control of the company, which developed in its first year the known in French as TPV (Minimum vehicle)
It was under the direction of André Lefebre and the magic of the popular Flaminio Bertoni, then responsible for the design of the bodywork, who developed the finish known to all of us and that they baptized with the nickname of “umbrella of four wheels”.
In the shadow of Nazism
Adolf Hitler’s troops owned from the gala land during World War II. The project was kept secret. The prototypes were hidden in places as remote as barns or, directly, underground.
The task of preventing the prototype from being used by the invaders was possible. It also helped to make the project unnoticed the restructuring that occurred in the automotive industry, exclusively focused on the construction of Renault-branded combat tanks.
But the car would end up seeing the light after the conflict. On October 8, 1948 in the Paris Motor Show, under the watchful eye of some journalists who were asking for “el abrelatas”, it was introduced as it is known today, with a bicylindrical air-cooled engine of 375 C.C. and a power of 9 CV.